MILESTONES IN MY LIFE
- Classic studies at Liceo Dante Alighieri, Trieste. In the end in 1977, my favourite topics were physics and phylosophy.
- Medical school at University of Trieste (Italy). Internship in internal medicine for 1 year. Then internship in biochemistry, as most congenial topic. Magna cum laude in 1984.
- Biochemistry research training Université Catholique de Louvain-Centre de Duve (Brussels), Research assistant at Inst. of physiological chemistry. Glycogen metabolism. 1984-1986. French as working language. Then, back to University of Trieste, PhD of biochemistry in 1991.
- Family. Two children, born in 1991 and 1997.
- Teaching and research at University of Trieste from 1992. Principal investigator. Assistant professor (habilitated associate professor in 2006 and full professor in 2014).
- Discovering what is innovation as coordinator of 2 R&I networks funded by Cross-border cooperation programme Italy-Slovenia 2007-2013.
- How to exploit the innovation potential of biomedical research? CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR NEW CHALLENGES IN MY CARREER